SERVES– 4 PREP -5 minute COOK– 1h 15 minute EASY– G
Thai green curry roast chicken ingredient
- Chicken 1 whole (about 1.5 kg)
- Lemongrass stalks, 2 baked
- Lemon, 1 half, 1 cut in wedges
- Ginger, 2 cm piece
- Thai Green Curry Paste 2 Tbsp
- Sunflower oil 1 teaspoon
- Brown sugar 1 teaspoon
- Milk Coconut 400 grams
- Fish sauce 2 tablespoons
- Coriander, chopped (optional)
- Red chili, 1 chopped, to serve
- Cooked rice and greens, to serve
How to make Thai green curry roast chicken
- To make Thai Green Curry Roast Chicken, put the chicken in a flameproof roasting pot or shallow casserole dish and add lemongrass, half-cut lemon and ginger pieces to its body. Mix half Thai green curry paste with oil and using your hands, apply chicken and curry paste well under the skin.
- And keep it covered in the fridge to marinate for 8-24 hours. Remove one hour before making it.
- Heat the oven in 200C / 180C fan / gas. Cover the pot with silver foil and fry for 40 minutes, then remove the foil and cook again for 30 minutes until the chicken is further golden through.
- Now take the chicken out of the pot, put the roasted curry back in the tin, and place the chicken in a separate pot so that the juice coming out of the chicken is copied well.
- Now remove the lemon, lemongrass and ginger from the chicken body with the help of a pair of tongs and place it in the pot along with the remaining curry paste and brown sugar.
- Put the pot back on the heat and pour everything together into the pot, and squeeze a spoonful of lemon until everything is sticky.
- Now add coconut milk and cook well to bring it to a boil, and now add fish sauce. Now cook on medium heat for one minute.
- Now the chicken which we had set aside, now put it back in this curry and cook for a minute, now add chopped coriander and chili on top.
- Bring the chicken to the table and serve it with rice and greens with green chutney and lemon slices,
- Energy 721 k/cal
- fat 49g
- saturates 23g
- carbs 5g
- sugars 3g
- fiber 1g
- protein 64g
- salt 1.2g
To make this MIDWEEK, just use red curry paste instead of green curry paste to make it into red curry.
Use chicken thighs that only take 40 minutes. Put the ingredients to be put into the chicken body first in the pot and continue with the recipe. Open in a pot.