13 health proven superfood list and health benefits
Are you looking for healthy, diet-friendly recipes and nutrition advice of superfood? You’ve come to the right place.
A must for any budding healthy recipes of superfood to satisfy your taste buds and help you reach your weight-loss goals.
You’ll learn the secrets to a healthy diet and discover how easy it is to create slimline versions of your favorite meals.
What is a superfood
Superfood is a term used for foods based on their specific benefits and quality. But, even then, the term can be easily understood that if your diet is a way for you to get nutrition out of calories, then of course it includes superfood.
If you think that you also get nutrients and do not increase weight, then this work can be done only for you by Supergood.
Even though we take a healthy diet, it is still insufficient. Superfoods fill this gap. Every year there are some such superfoods which are included in the top trend.
Every food has its own specialty and benefits, but there are some superfoods in which we get both together. In a way, it is like a nutritional supplement.
The benefit of superfood is only when we take them with a balanced diet. It is not that we do not take a balanced diet in their affair.
Also, take more of the superfood items that are readily available in your area. Eat superfood in a change so that the body gets the benefit of all.
A range of superfood products is available for purchase online on Amazon.
13 Superfood list and health benefits
Here are available 13 superfood list and benefits of health below in this article-
That’s a promise!
1) Superfood Eggs
The humble egg is one of the most nutritious superfoods on the planet, providing an excellent source of protein, essential for repair and maintenance of your body.
Eggs also contain Vitamin D and A, and essential amino acids. Choose free-range or organic eggs for the best quality.
Research has shown that eating eggs for breakfast may help you lose weight, as they help to stabilize your appetite.
Eggs A relatively inexpensive protein source loaded with nutrients, eggs certainly earn their superfood status.
A single large egg is just about 70 calories and offers six grams of protein.
Eggs are also a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for normal body function and heart health.
Eggs are rich in high-quality protein and unique antioxidants. Research indicates that eating eggs regularly will not increase your risk of heart disease or diabetes.
Health benefit of Eggs
- Eggs contain two potent antioxidants, zeaxanthin and lutein, which are known to protect vision and eye health.
- Despite fears surrounding egg consumption and high cholesterol, research indicates no measurable increase in heart disease or diabetes risk from eating up to 6–12 eggs per week.
- In fact, eating eggs could increase “good” HDL cholesterol in some people, which may lead to a favorable reduction in heart disease risk. More research is needed to draw a definite conclusion.
How to include them: While there are several different versions of the egg diet, they all work primarily the same. You’ll start each day with eggs, and you’ll continue to eat small portions of lean protein throughout the day.
It seems that eating eggs at breakfast is the best approach, because this may reduce the number of calories a person consumes throughout the rest of the day.
2) Superfood Blueberries
The King of all Superfoods, blueberries are packed full of antioxidants, and also high in Vitamin K, potassium, and Vitamin C.
They are thought to be anti-inflammatory and may reduce your risk of heart disease and cancer.
There’s even evidence they can help your memory. Frozen berries are just as good as fresh. Eat them fresh or add them to yogurt, cereal, porridge, or smoothies.
Berries are full of nutrients and antioxidants which may prevent certain diseases and improve digestion.
Health benefit of Blueberries
- The strong antioxidant capacity of berries is associated with a reduced risk of heart disease, cancer, and other inflammatory conditions.
- Berries may also be effective in treating various digestive and immune-related disorders when used alongside traditional medical therapies.
How to include them: When berries are not in season, it is just as healthy to buy them frozen. Add to yogurt, salad, cereals, and smoothies, or eat plain for a snack.
A range of Blueberries products is available for purchase online on Amazon.
3) Superfood Broccoli
Broccoli is a good source of Vitamin C and folate. It also contains vitamins A and K and is high in fiber, calcium, and other antioxidants.
Some experts claim it can help combat cancer, high blood pressure, heart disease, and diabetes.
A recent study showed eating Broccoli may also help in the treatment of arthritis.
Try it in soups and stir-fries and different varieties such as purple sprouting broccoli.
SummaryBroccoli stands out for its exceptionally high levels of vitamin C and folate (which can reduce risk of heart disease, certain cancers, and stroke).
Broccoli This lean, mean, green machine is packed with vitamins, minerals, disease-fighting compounds, and the fiber essential in any diet.
Health benefits of broccoli
Though all members of the cruciferous vegetable family are super-duper healthy,
- Broccoli is a great source of vitamins K and C, a good source of folate (folic acid), and also provides potassium, fiber.
- Vitamin K – essential for the functioning of many proteins involved in blood clotting
- Vitamin C – builds collagen, which forms body tissue and bone, and helps cuts and wounds heal.
- Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant and protects the body from damaging free radicals.
- Fiber – diets high in fiber promote digestive health. High fiber intake can also help lower cholesterol.
- Potassium – a mineral and electrolyte that is essential for the function of nerves and heart contraction.
- Folate – is necessary for the production and maintenance of new cells in the body.
Broccoli stalks can be cleaned and cut lengthwise and eaten raw with any dip of your choice, much like carrots sticks.
A range of Broccoli products is available for purchase online on Amazon.
4) Superfood Oily Fish
Studies have shown that eating oily fish can lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart disease.
Salmon is a good source of many nutrients, especially omega-3 fatty acids. Limit your consumption of salmon to avoid potential negative effects from contaminants common in fish and seafood.
Evidence strong enough to prompt Government recommendations that we eat at least 2 portions of fish a week.
The British Dietetic Association suggests that one of the best things you can do for your heart is to eat oily fish.
What’s the connection between fish oil and heart health?
How might omega-3-fatty acids found in fish oil provide heart health? Multiple possibilities have been proposed and are supported by animal research.
These protective mechanisms include stabilizing blood flow in and around the heart-
- reducing blood triglyceride levels
- lowering blood pressure
- preventing blood clots
- reducing inflammation.
Omega-3 supplements from fish oil appear to be heart-healthy and have a protective effect on CHD.
But before we all start reaching for supplements, it may be worth following a heart-healthy diet full of fresh fruits and vegetables, with lean protein such as fish, as recommended by the AHA.
For those of us at the highest risk, especially those with elevated triglyceride levels, it is worth speaking with your physician about high dose EPA fish oil supplements. Research examining each of these is ongoing.
Health benefit of Oily fish
- It’s one of the best sources of omega-3 fatty acids, which are known for a variety of health benefits, such as reducing inflammation.
- Including salmon in your diet may also lower your risk of heart disease and diabetes and help you maintain a healthy weight.
- A potential drawback of eating salmon and other types of seafood is their possible contamination with heavy metals and other environmental pollutants.
- You can avoid potential negative effects by limiting your consumption of fish to two to three servings per week.
How to include it: Buy fresh, frozen, or canned fish. Fish with the highest omega-3 content are salmon, tuna steaks, mackerel, herring, trout, anchovies, and sardines.
5) Superfood Nuts
Evidence suggests that eating nuts regularly may reduce the risk of heart disease by as much as 51%. Don’t avoid nuts because of the high-fat content,
They provide vital nutrients and can help stabilize your appetite and balance blood sugar levels. Different nuts are more nutritious than others.
Some of the best ‘Supernuts’ include almonds, brazils, and walnuts. Try an organic nut spread instead of butter on your toast.
Nuts and seeds are full of fiber and heart-healthy fats. They may reduce your risk of heart disease and support weight loss.
Health benefit of Nuts
- They also pack various plant compounds with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which can protect against oxidative stress.
- Research indicates that eating nuts and seeds can have a protective effect against heart disease.
- Interestingly, even though nuts and seeds are calorically dense, some types of nuts are linked to weight loss when included in a balanced diet.
How to include them: Add a handful to oatmeal or yogurt, or have as a snack. But remember they are calorically dense, so limit to a small handful.
Try the various types of nut butter such as peanut(technically a legume), almond, or cashew. Nuts are also a great accompaniment to cooked veggies or salads.
A range of Nuts products is available for purchase online on Amazon.
6) Superfood Avocado
Avocados are nutrient-rich, high-fiber fruits that may play a role in reducing inflammation and chronic diseases. It’s rich in many nutrients, including fiber, vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats.
Health benefit of Avocado
- Eating just one or two avocados a week gives you all the benefit of healthy monounsaturated fats, Vitamin B6, and loads of folate. Check with your local grocer to find out when this spreadable fruit is in season in your area.
- Similar to olive oil, avocado is high in monounsaturated fats (MUFAs). Oleic acid is the most predominant MUFA in avocado, which is linked to reduced inflammation in the body.
- Eating avocado may reduce your risk of heart disease, diabetes, metabolic syndrome, and certain types of cancer.
How to include theme: On toast with salt and pepper, or a slice of cheese if you’re that way inclined.
A range of Avacado products is available for purchase online on Amazon.
7) Superfood Spinach
This nutrient-dense green superfood is readily available – fresh, frozen, or even canned.
A cup of spinach to your diet each day will help aid in digestion, prevent constipation, maintain blood sugar, and even help curb your appetite if you are trying to lose weight.
One of the healthiest superfoods on the planet, spinach is packed with energy while low in calories and provides Vitamin A, Vitamin K, and essential folate.
Spinach Antioxidants, anti-inflammatories, and vitamins that promote vision and bone health are what make this little green so super. And those bones will be thanking spinach, too!
Just one cup of the stuff packs up to 12 percent of the recommended daily dose of calcium and enough vitamin K to help prevent bone loss.
Spinach is packed with energy while low in calories and provides Vitamin A, Vitamin K, and essential folate.
Health benefit of spinach
- Calcium in spinach can help strengthen your bones to fight against injury, and vitamins A and C, fiber, folic acid, and other nutrients fight against colon and breast cancers.
- Spinach also helps to lower damaging protein levels in the blood and can protect against high blood pressure and heart disease.
- Lutein is a special nutrient in spinach that helps to prevent cataracts and fight against macular degeneration, which is the leading cause of blindness in senior citizens.
- The vitamin A in spinach can also help your skin retain moisture to fight against dryness, psoriasis, and even acne. spinach can be eaten every day to fight against age-related issues.
A range of Spinach products is available for purchase online on Amazon.
8) Superfood Tomato
It also has folate, iron, potassium, magnesium, chromium, choline, zinc, and phosphorus.
Tomatoes supply vitamin A, which supports immunity, vision, and skin health; vitamin K, which is good for your bones; and potassium, a key nutrient for heart function, muscle contractions, and maintaining healthy blood pressure and fluid balance.
Health benefit of Tomatoes
- Lycopene is also good for your eyes. those nutrients support the vision and protect against eye conditions including cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Tomatoes contain lycopene, which is also used for facial cleansers. And apart from eating them as salad, you can also peel the tomatoes, and use the skin as a mask on your face.
- The Lycopene in tomatoes is reported to control the growth of cancer cells, especially prostate, stomach, and colorectal cancer.
- Now tomatoes might not help to heal a broken heart, but Vitamin A, Vitamin B, and potassium in them help to decrease your cholesterol levels and blood.
Lycopene becomes more available for your body to use when tomatoes are prepared and heated in a healthy fat such as olive oil.
A range of Tomato products is available for purchase online on Amazon.
9) Superfood Olive oil
Olive oil is packed with healthy monounsaturated fats that fight against both heart disease and cancer.
It can also be linked to brain health and cancer prevention. Yes, it’s good for you, but consume in moderation.
Olive oil is a good source of vitamin E, polyphenols, and monounsaturated fatty acids, all of which help reduce the risk of heart disease.
Yes, it’s good for you, but consume in moderation. Keep in mind olive oil is high in calories, and two tablespoons a day is plenty.
Olive oil is one of the principle fat sources in the Mediterranean diet. It may be beneficial in reducing heart disease, diabetes, and other inflammatory conditions.
Health benefit of Olive oil
- Olive oil is a natural oil extracted from the fruit of olive trees and one of the mainstays of the Mediterranean diet.
- It’s biggest claims to health are its high levels of monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFAs) and polyphenolic compounds.
- Adding olive oil to your diet may reduce inflammation and your risk of certain illnesses such as heart disease and diabetes.
- It also contains antioxidants such as vitamins E and K, which can protect against cellular damage from oxidative stress.
A range of Olive oil products is available for purchase online on Amazon.
10) Superfood Yogurt
Yogurt is full of calcium, just what the doctor ordered to keep our bones strong as we age. Look for yogurt that contains vitamin D, which helps your body absorb this important mineral.
Yogurt also aids in digestion and is packed with protein. Don’t forget to eat it with fruit for additional benefits.
Greek Yogurt Regular yogurt’s thicker, creamier cousin is chock-full of protein and probiotics. It fills the belly, improves digestion, and bolsters the immune system.
Plus, it’s a great healthy recipe substitute for sour cream, cream cheese, and even mayonnaise!
A good source of calcium and protein, yogurt also contains live cultures called probiotics. These “good bacteria” can protect the body from other, more harmful bacteria.
Health benefit of Yogurt
- Whether yogurt is a healthful choice depends on the person consuming it and the type of yogurt.
- Yogurts can be high in protein, calcium, vitamins, and live culture, or probiotics, which can enhance the gut microbiota.
- These can offer protection for bones and teeth and help prevent digestive problems. Low-fat yogurt can be a useful source of protein on a weight-loss diet. Probiotics may boost the immune system.
- Regardless of its fat content, yogurt appears to benefit heart health by increasing “good” HDL cholesterol and reducing blood pressure.
- Yogurt provides probiotics, vitamins, and minerals, all of which may boost immune health and prevent certain illnesses.
Look for yogurts that have “live active cultures” such as Lactobacillus, L. acidophilus, L. bulgaricus, and S. thermophilus. You can use yogurt in place of mayonnaise or sour cream in dips or sauces.
A range of Yogurt products is available for purchase online on Amazon.
11) Superfood Oatmeal
Oatmeal is a nutritious diet from the point of view of health. However, many people are displeased to hear the name of the Oatmeal. There is a general misconception that oatmeal is the diet of sick people.
In fact, it is given primarily to the patients due to the abundant and digestible nutrients.
Health benefit of Oatmeal
- If there is a deficiency of hemoglobin in the body, then oatmeal intake is necessary. Plenty of iron is found in oatmeal which helps in meeting the deficiency of hemoglobin.
- Consuming one bowl of Oatmeal daily for breakfast keeps you full of energy for the whole day. You can make oatmeal in different ways.
- These days the number of patients with wrong lifestyle-related diseases like Diabetes is increasing in the country. Oatmeal is highly beneficial for people living with diabetes.
- This magnesium is an excellent source, which helps in controlling diabetes.
- Oatmeal is a panacea for those who lose weight. Consuming only Oatmeal in dinner is very beneficial.
- Oatmeal digestion also maintains. Being rich in fiber, it is also helpful in reducing weight.
- We need good body development Amino acids are required. Oatmeal is an excellent source of protein, which our body needs to grow new tissues, cells, blood vessels, etc.
How to include them: Try having a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast. Substitute bulgur, quinoa, wheat berries, or brown rice for your usual baked potato.
When buying bread at the supermarket, look to see that the first ingredient is “100% whole wheat flour.
12) Superfood Carrot
The carrot (Daucus carota) is a root vegetable often claimed to be the perfect health superfood. Carrots are a great source of many plant compounds, especially carotenoids, such as beta carotene and lutein.
They also have a number of health benefits superfood Carrot. They’re weight-loss-friendly superfood and have been linked to lower cholesterol levels and improved health.
Carrots’ water content ranges from 86–95%, and the edible portion consists of around 10% carbs. their carotene antioxidants have been linked to a reduced risk of cancer.
Summarycarrot is crunchy, tasty, and highly nutritious. Carrots are a particularly good source of beta carotene, fiber, vitamin K1, potassium, and antioxidants.
Health benefit of Carrot
- Carrots are an excellent source of vitamin ‘A’, This essential vitamin is used by the eyes to maintain good vision.
- Regular consumption of carrots may also help to protect the eyes from age-related vision problems such as macular degeneration and cataracts.
- One of the health benefits is that the vegetable acts as a natural abrasive that scrubs away plaque and leftover food particles.
- you can use carrots to get it glowing again. The vitamin A and antioxidants found in carrots help protect skin from sun damage and the harmful effects of the free radicals that are sometimes released during normal metabolic processes.
- Carrot reduces the risk of certain cancers, carrots produce a natural pesticide called falcarinol, which protects the root vegetables from fungal diseases.
- It’s believed carrots contain properties that help reduce fat and bile in the liver—the removal of these substances leads to a better functioning liver and improved overall health.
How to include theme: Boiling vegetables can reduce or eliminate some of the vitamin content. Raw or steamed carrots provide the most nutritional value.
Carrots are a versatile vegetable. People can eat them raw, steamed, boiled, roasted, or as an ingredient in soups and stews.
13) Superfood Soybean
Soya bean is not only a rich source of protein. but are also very useful, you can give them benefits from the children of your family to the elders by including it in many daily dishes,
so we have brought some of the best healthy recipes of soy chunks for you.
Soybeans or soya beans (Glycine max) are a type of legume native to eastern Asia. They are an important component of Asian diets and have been consumed for thousands of years.
Today, they are mainly grown in Asia and South and North America. In Asia, soybeans are often eaten whole, but heavily processed soy products are much more common in Western countries.
Various soy products are available, including soy flour, soy protein, tofu, soy milk, soy sauce, and soybean oil.
Soybeans contain antioxidants and phytonutrients that are linked to various health benefits. However, concerns have been raised about potential adverse effects.
Soybeans are high in protein and a decent source of both carbs and fat. They are a rich source of various vitamins, minerals, and beneficial plant compounds, such as isoflavones.
Vitamins and minerals of soybean
Soybeans are a good source of various vitamins and minerals, including:
- Molybdenum. Soybeans are rich in molybdenum, an essential trace element primarily found in seeds, grains, and legumes.
- Vitamin K1. The form of vitamin K found in legumes is known as phylloquinone. It plays an important role in blood clotting.
- Folate. Also known as vitamin B9, folate has various functions in your body and is considered particularly important during pregnancy.
- Copper. Dietary intake of copper is often low in Western populations. Deficiency may have adverse effects on heart health.
- Manganese. A trace element found in most superfoods and drinking water. Manganese is poorly absorbed from soybeans due to their high phytic acid content.
- Phosphorus. Soybeans are a good source of phosphorus, an essential mineral abundant in the Western diet.
- Thiamine. Also known as vitamin B1, thiamine plays an important role in many bodily functions.
Health benefit of Soybean
The soybean needs further research before its health benefits are conclusively known.
Superfood Soya bean is beneficial for your kids– Soya bean in the diet helps to meet the nutritional needs of the body.
Soya beans for young people- Adequate soy intake in the diet increases the risk of osteoporosis, especially in women
Soya bean for the heart- Soybean helps to reduce total cholesterol and bad cholesterol in the body, reducing the risk of heart diseases.
Possible health benefits of whole soy foods not already mentioned include:
- lowered blood pressure.
- Improvements to blood vessels, such as greater elasticity of artery walls.
- reduced the risk of osteoporosis.
- protection against various cancers, including those of the breast, colon, prostate, and skin.
- management of endometriosis.
- anti-inflammatory effects.
How to include theme: If you want to increase your intake of soy, Choose whole soy foods like soy milk, soy yogurt, soy bread, soya chunks, soya pasta, and tofu.
Check ingredient lists to make sure that the soy foods you buy are made from whole soybeans and not soy isolates. Make sure that products such as cereals contain soy protein and not just added isoflavone.
I hope you will surely like the Superfood list and health benefits.
Do share it among your family and friends, if you want to give any kind of deficiency or any suggestion in it, do comment, And for similar posts, please subscribe to our blog www.recifit.com with Email, and follow me on Instagram.
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links – which means if you buy the product I get a small commission
(at no extra cost to you). If you do buy it, then thank you! That’s what helps us to keep Recifit-food and fitness running.