soya chunks rajma curry recipe
soya chunks and Rajma is a popular Indian vegetarian dish consisting of red kidney beans with soya in a thick gravy with many Indian whole spices and usually served with rice and roti.
I thought the fiber and folates from the rajma and the protein in the soya chunks would be a very healthy combination.
It is a very simple recipe that requires some preparation like soaking the beans and the soya chunks. You could use tinned bean.
soya rajma curry recipe ingredient
- Rajma-1 cup soaked in water overnight and boiled
- Mini Soya chunks- 4 cups boiled
- Refined Sunflower Oil- 3 Tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander seeds – 1 tbsp
- Black Pepper- 1 tsp crushed
- Green chilies- 3 chopped
- Onion- 2 chopped medium size
- Ginger garlic paste- 2 tablespoons
- Tomato puree- 3/4 cup
- Red chili powder- 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 teaspoon
- Mango powder- 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder- 1 tsp
- Ginger- 1 inch finely chopped
- Bay leaf – 1 leaf
- Salt to taste
How to cook soya rajma curry recipe
- Heat the neutrella refined sunflower oil in a non-stick pan
- Cumin seeds, coriander seeds, black pepper, green chilies, onions. Fry for 2 minutes.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and tomato puree. Fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, mango powder and 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder.
- Fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the beans, boiled neutrella mini soya elder and salt. Mix well.
- Add 1 cup of water, mash it a little. Cook. Leftover garam masala powder and ginger
- Add thin pieces of Mix well.
- Serve hot