recipe for potato gratin with chicken truffle
Recipe for potato gratin with chicken truffle
These homemade recipes for potato gratin are always welcome at our dinner table, and they’re so simple to make. The creamy cheese sauce and the tender potatoes in this classic French dish combine to make a deliciously addictive experience A perfect complement to ham. It’s a great side dish with a roast chicken truffle or beef tenderloin.
Truffle is a perfumed flavor that is better coming through as a hint rather than a punch – a little goes a long way. Jars sometimes contain more than one truffle, so if there are lots of very small ones, you may want to use two.
👨SERVES- 4 ⏲PREP- 20 mins plus infusing 🍳COOK- 1 hr 5 mins EASY
Ingredient for potato gratin with chicken truffle-
- 2 chicken legs, skin on
- 1 tbsp- salted butter, softened, plus a little extra, melted
- 1 small- black truffle from a jar, sliced into very thin discs
- 125ml- double cream
- 125ml- chicken stock
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 bay leaves
- 6 sage leaves, plus a few extra for topping
- 500g floury potatoes, peeled and finely sliced (use a mandolin if you have one)
- 15g Parmesan, finely grated
- watercress salad, to serve
How to cook potato gratin with chicken truffle-
- Carefully pull the skin on the chicken legs away from the flesh, trying not to break the skin, then rub 1/4 tbsp butter between the skin and flesh on each leg. Carefully put half of the truffle discs on top of the butter, or smear on some truffle paste and smooth back the skin. Season the skin, then set aside in the fridge.
- Heat the double cream and stock together with the garlic cloves, remaining truffle, bay, and sage then, once simmering, set aside to infuse for 30 mins.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and butter the inside of a shallow baking dish that will fit both chicken legs. Layer the potatoes, adding the truffle slices from the cream between the layers along with some seasoning, then strain over the infused cream and stock mixture. Sprinkle over the Parmesan and scatter over the remaining sage leaves.
- Place the chicken legs on top, brush with melted butter, then roast for 1 hr or until the potatoes are cooked and the chicken golden and cooked through. Allow to rest for 10 mins, letting the chicken juices drip into the potatoes, then serve with a watercress salad.
- PER SERVING– 1,063 kcals •fat 75g •saturates 35g •carbs 46g •sugars 3g •fiber 4g •protein 50g •salt 0.9g
Test Kitchen Tips potato gratin
- Before you peel potatoes, scrub them with a vegetable brush under cold water. Remove eyes or sprouts.
- When working with a lot of potatoes, place them in cold water after peeling to prevent discoloring.
NOW ready your dish potato gratin with chicken truffle enjoy with family. I hope you will surely like this dish. Do share it among your family and friends, if you want to give any kind of deficiency or any suggestion in it, do comment. And for similar posts, please subscribe to our blog with Email.