Fenugreek is beneficial for heat, wind, and khinchak, gallbladder, digestive power and strength, and heart. It acts as a confirmed, strength-stimulating tonic. here are the amazing benefits of fenugreek for diabetes.
What are fenugreek and its benefits?
Swallowing it with water in the morning and evening makes the stomach healthy, fenugreek (fenugreek) or fenugreek seeds, is a very important food found in Indian kitchens.
But perhaps you will be very surprised to know that fenugreek for diabetes is rich in medicinal properties,
fenugreek has the ability to cure many major diseases like blood pressure, cancer, sugar, and stomach related diseases.
Fenugreek helps reduce blood sugar levels by slowing down the absorption of carbohydrates during digestion. It is an aromatic plant and has many uses as a medicinal and medicinal plant.
Vegetables and other Indian dishes are a major ingredient. It is widely cultivated in South Asia, North Africa, and the Mediterranean. It has small round leaves. Fenugreek beans are long. And its seeds are bitter in taste.
Fenugreek leaves are either, a vegetable (fresh leaves, sprouts, and microgreens) commonly known as fenugreek, or as an herb (dried leaves), while the seed is used as a spice or as a powder.
Food not only tastes delicious but also has many health benefits. Fenugreek is used in Ayurvedic and traditional diabetes therapy. We will tell you about the benefits of fenugreek for diabetes.
So let’s move on to the post and let it go.
Most read- Symptoms of the Thyroid and its prevention
Nutrition Facts of Fenugreek seed-
Amount Per 100 grams
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 6 g||9%|
|Saturated fat 1.5 g||7%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium 67 mg||2%|
|Potassium 770 mg||22%|
|Total Carbohydrate 58 g||19%|
|Dietary fiber 25 g||100%|
|Protein 23 g||46%|
|Vitamin A||1%||Vitamin C||5%|
|Vitamin D||0%||Vitamin B-6||30%|
* percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Fenugreek in Ayurveda
Fenugreek has long been an integral part of Ayurveda.
It is known as methika in Sanskrit and methi in Hindi. Fenugreek or methika is a very popular culinary spice, flavoring agent, and medicinal plant in Indian households.
It is used in bakery products, dairy products, condiments, spices, pickles, and beverages for its flavor and numerous health benefits.
Fenugreek or methi also has industrial applications as it is used for synthesizing steroidal hormones.
Due to its vital role in healthcare, the food industry refers to fenugreek for diabetes as a potential nutraceutical. A nutraceutical is a portion of food with both nutritional and pharmaceutical properties.
While the origin of fenugreek is unknown, it is believed to be native to the western Mediterranean. Various species are available throughout the world.
1. Ayurvedic Properties of Methika or Fenugreek
- Rasa or taste: Katu or pungent
- Guna or qualities: Laghu or light, Snigdha or oily
- Virya or potency: Ushna or hot
- Vipaka or taste conversion after digestion: Katu or pungent
Effect on dosha-
- It is a Vata shamak. Vata shamak means that it pacifies an aggravated Vata dosha due to its ushna virya and Snigdha guna.
- Parts used: Seeds and whole plant.
- Amount used as per Dravyaguna Vijnana (Ayurvedic Herbology): 1-3 grams.
- Popular Ayurvedic formulation: Methi modaka.
2. Different Varieties of Fenugreek in Ayurveda
According to Dravyaguna Vijnana (Ayurvedic Herbology), there are two varieties – large and small. The small variety is consumed as a leafy vegetable in many cuisines while the large variety is used as fodder.
In the classical text Nighantus, the varieties of fenugreek are also classified as gramya and Vanya. The gramya variety is cultivated in fields while the Vanya variety grows wildly.
Fenugreek Uses + Fenugreek Benefits In Ayurveda
- It keeps the nervous system healthy.
- It is helpful in increasing appetite.
- It is helpful for low digestive fire.
- It aids indigestion.
- It has laxative properties.
- It has analgesic properties.
- It is a galactagogue.
- It strengthens the body.
- It is helpful for various Vata disorders.
- Powdered fenugreek is helpful in painful conditions associated with inflammation and abscesses.
- It is helpful in relieving bloating.
- It is helpful for emaciation.
- It is rakta pitta prakopaka (which means it can aggravate bleeding disorders) and is contraindicated in rakta pitta,
MUST-READ- How to Use Fenugreek for Weight loss
Ayurvedic home remedies of fenugreek for diabetes
Here’s a look at some of the most popular ayurvedic home remedies tips of fenugreek for diabetes dosage-
Fenugreek – Soak fenugreek 10-15 times and dry it and prepare the powder. Eat three times a day with 5-10 grams of milk.
Flour – Mix 1 kg gram, 1 kg fenugreek in 10 kg wheat and grind it and eat its bread
Oatmeal – Wheat, corn, millet, and whole moong are all sprouted and dried to make porridge. Bake a little while making the porridge. Mix 10 grams celery, 10 grams fenugreek, 50 grams white sesame, and eat it.
1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds, 1 2 teaspoons black cumin soaked in water at night and filtered in the morning and drink, control sugar.
- Make fenugreek and ama turmeric powder in equal quantity. Eat 1 teaspoon empty stomach with water.
- Soak fenugreek seeds in water for 10-20 grams of soil. Eat these grains before meals, fenugreek decoction is also beneficial.
- Soak two spoons of fenugreek seeds and one teaspoon of fennel in water. Drink in the morning. Warm nature is also beneficial in colitis.
- 100 grams of Amla powder, fenugreek 50 grams, cumin 50 grams, turmeric 50 grams, Tej Patra 20 grams, 40 grams powder of Shilajit 40 grams, eat 6-6 grams of black cow milk in the morning and evening is very beneficial in diabetes.
Turmeric- Amla juice 4 teaspoons, Giloy juice 2 teaspoons, turmeric powder 1 gram, eat 1-1 such quantity thrice a day.
- Eat 10 grams of turmeric powder, 1 gram amla juice three times a day, or 3 grams of gooseberry powder mixed with turmeric powder 3 times a day.
- Eat jambul powder and roasted turmeric powder with water in the morning and evening.
- Make 50 grams powder of Indian gooseberry, 100 grams turmeric, and mocharas. Keep in a vial. Eat 1 or 2 teaspoons with Giloy juice or Amla juice or with cow urine or water.
Neem leaf syrup- amazing benefits of Neem leaf syrup and fenugreek for diabetes. Neem leaf syrup vine leaf syrup 100 ml juice of bitter gourd, 200 ml juice of green gooseberry. Mix them and keep them in a bottle.
Add 10 grams of Shilajit and 10 grams of Majiktva (Tenic acid) to it. Eat two to four teaspoons 3-4 times a day.
- Giloy Neem Patra, Bel Patra, Jamun kernels, Gudmar – Boil all the ingredients in 6 grams, 250 grams of water. 1/4 of the remaining, sieve and filter.
- Mix 5 grams Giloy juice, 10 grams of bitter gourd, and eat twice a day in the morning and evening.
Fenugreek Top Sellers on Amazon
Here’s a look at some of the most popular fenugreek products online:-
Fenugreek Powder and Supplements-
- Nature’s Way Fenugreek Seed, 610 mg per capsule, 180 vegetarian capsules. Amazon
- Organic Fenugreek Seeds (2 lb) by Anthony’s, Whole Methi Seeds; Amazon
- life tone Fenugreek Seed Tea Bag. Amazon
Books With Fenugreek Recipes-
- Fenugreek – An Ingredient Fit for a Pharoah (Kindle Edition) by Sylvia Kapsandoy; Amazon
- The Fenugreek Seeds Supplement: Alternative Medicine for a Healthy Body by William Wagner, M.D.Amazon
- Fenugreek by Marian Kim; Amazon
- Utilization of fenugreek for the development of bakery product Amazon
That is for now…
here are some other helpful resources to help you make easier life healthy benefits-
- What is fenugreek health benefit: uses, side effect, dosage
- Myth: You are not a victim of these myths.
I hope you will surely like this article about fenugreek for diabetes. Do share it with your family and friends.
if you want to give any kind of deficiency or any suggestion in it, do comment, And for similar posts, please subscribe to our blog Recifit-food and fitness with Email.
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links –which means if you buy the product I get a small commission (at no extra cost to you). If you do buy it, then thank you! That’s what helps us to keep Recifit running.