best split pea soup vegetarian recipe
Split pea soup vegetarian
Warm yourself up this winter with this low-fat split pea soup vegetarian that is as easy on a budget as it is on your health. And it is so easy to make it go ahead.
In spring and winter soups need to be made quick and easy, so easy is a vegetarian soup of peas and peppermint; You will be delighted by its simplicity. A combination made from fresh winter peas (you can use frozen peas) and garden mint, their combination is delicious in any recipe.
This split pea soup is very easy to make and is ready in 20 minutes: boil, puree and serve in a pot. Make sure the blender does not fill more than half the whole or the soup will explode everywhere. You can also fold it into the pan with a hand blender.
Garnish with a sprig of peppermint and tasty brown bread with a tempering of extra virgin olive oil, and pair it well with the green salad.
The split pea soup vegetarian recipe up is a classic combination, but that doesn’t mean you can’t change the changes. There is a traditional herb with peas but thyme can also taste good, but use it with caution, thyme can dominate the pea’s mild flavor.
👨Serves– 2 ⏲ Preparation time: 5 minutes 🍳Cooking time: 15 minutes
ingredient of split pea soup-
- Sunflower oil
- 100g- onion, chopped
- 150g- potato, peeled and diced
- 500ml- vegetable stock
- 250g- split peas
- 6-10- mint leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Cream whipped or Greek yoghurt
- Black pepper, freshly ground
Method of split pea soup-
- Add a dash of sunflower oil to a pan on medium-low heat. Gently soften the onion but don’t allow it to brown.
- Now add the potato and vegetable stock. Simmer cook for 10 to 12 minutes until the potato is soft, then add the split peas and mint leaves.
- Return to the boil, remove from the heat and keep aside for cooled in room temperature. now blend properly in the blender. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot or cold with a blob of whipped cream or Greek yogurt, some freshly ground black pepper and a sprig of fresh mint.
- Serve this cool split pea soup as a starter for a health-conscious dinner party
- Take chilled soups out of the fridge 10 minutes before serving, as they taste better if not too cold.
- We usually eat this soup hot, but it is also a very tasty cold. It can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 days.
- PER SERVING:-•CALORIES-282, •PROTEIN-11g, •fat-7.5g, •SAT FAT-1.5g, •Carb-29g, •Fibre- 10g, •Sait-0.7g
I hope you will surely like this dish. Do share it among your family and friends, if you want to give any kind of deficiency or any suggestion in it, do comment, And for similar posts, please subscribe to our blog www.recifit.com with Email.